Thursday, October 20, 2016

#SocialSecurityDisability cases are life changing #lawyerslife

Today I received a wonderful phone message from a client who has followed me across a few law firms. And I've kept track of him all over North Carolina. We have followed each other, I suppose. It is one of the cases I've wanted to win badly because this person is the embodiment of everything Social Security Disability is supposed to stand for. Note: I want to win all my cases, but some touch my heart in ways I never forget. They cut through the rational machinery of my lawyer's mind and appeal to me on a deep and unspoken level.

My client told me the benefits he has received have been "life changing" and he has something he's never had before, a chance. He is able to see his grandchildren, be near his family, and enjoy life. This kind of thing reminds me why I became a lawyer, and it is life affirming to hear this. It makes me proud to be a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment