Wednesday, July 22, 2015

How should lawyers go about #marketing their practices?

Marketing relates to everything you do because all of your actions create an "image" to the public. Ultimately it is about making that image sell, and this means getting clients.  More specifically, it means getting paid.  In spite of all the benefits of technology, nothing beats relationships forged through meeting people and getting to know them on a substantive level.  The best referrals I've ever had have been through friends and colleagues I know personally.

But...

You cannot discount the power of social media.  I have over 4,000 Twitter followers, a few thousand LinkedIn contacts, a few thousand Facebook friends, and while not exactly social media, my blog gets between 300-700 page views a day.  So, for better or for worse, this gets my name out there.

The take away: 1) cultivate relationships and 2) maintain a presence on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment