Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I enjoyed appearing on 600 WSJS and talking about the NCBA, Chair of the YLD and the Innocence Project

I always enjoy appearing on 600 WSJS.  Today I talked about the North Carolina Bar Association and the good work it does.  More specifically, I talked about what I plan to do as the incoming Chair of the Young Lawyers Division.  I will focus on the Innocence Project.  Too many people are wrongfully imprisoned in this country and on death row.  This should not happen.  It is fundamentally unjust.  Lawyers are supposed to "seek justice," and that's what the Young Lawyers are going to do in helping exonerate the innocent.

The YLD will also help promote diversity through greater emphasis on issues surrounding racial and sexual minorities.  Everyone needs a seat at the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment