Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Settlement expected in defamation suit - News-Record.com: News

Settlement expected in defamation suit - News-Record.com: News.  This is an odd story.  I thought people like this only existed in fiction--better yet, satirical stories.  If it is true, then it is disgusting.  Likewise, suing someone for blog entries that are satirical in nature when your dirty laundry is toxic is stupid.  I don't know who the plaintiff's lawyer was on this case, but I would have asked my clients if they were comfortable with the negative press and possible counterclaims.  This case definitely backfired on the plaintiffs because they have lost credibility in the eyes of the public (this assumes they ever had it to begin with).  I would never have taken the case, but I would have defended it.  A former pastor, strip club, owners of strip clubs and a past sex offender aren't usually the hallmarks of a sound political group.  But maybe the Tea Party is shaking it up.  Perhaps the Tea Party are really RINOS.  If they are, I have one word for what the GOP needs: rhinoplasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment