Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Why don't lawyers get technology?

Lawyers tend to be behind the curve.  They don't get technology.  Not all lawyers but most lawyers.  It has been my experience that many lawyers suck at technology.  My favorite example is when lawyers don't know the difference between a text message and an e-mail.

I also enjoy the blank stares I often get from more senior lawyers when I mention Twitter.  It is amusing yet sad because there are so many potential benefits to technology.  First, technology connects people.  Second, it makes you more interesting.  People want to use lawyers they like.  Technology can make you more likable, and that's a tall order for lawyers.  There are many other reasons and voluminous tomes written about this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment