Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Football fan sues over Super Bowl ticket sales

Football fan sues over Super Bowl ticket sales.  I've been to the Super Bowl, and you need to know someone to "buy" tickets.  That's just the way it is unless you want to go on Stub Hub and pay thousands like many of the Patriots fans did in the 2004 Super Bowl against the Panthers.  I remember riding on the plane with obese Patriots fans wearing Tom Brady jerseys yelling, "Drink another beer Maaaarty." 

Most premium sports tickets come to you through people you know.  Otherwise you will pay thousands.  For example, this past December I went to a Blackhawks vs. the New Jersey Devils hockey game and sat on the third row.  I was there with my brother, his father-in-law and my dad.  Those 4 tickets cost us $130 a pieces (not cheap), but, if we hadn't had a personal "in," then the tickets would have cost at least $5,000 all together.  I enjoyed the game, but I'm not willing to pay $1,250 for a hockey ticket--maybe a Super Bowl ticket as that is about the face value now.  When went it was $600.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment